The Vital Factors Team Assessment
The Illusion of Alignment
Many leaders wear rose-colored glasses. They set strategic goals for the company, and then hope everyone will do the right thing throughout the year. Unfortunately, January optimism slowly turns sour and yields December disappointments.
Why? In our 58 years working with executive teams, we’ve learned that even the closest teams have different perceptions of reality. For example, we have found that:
- Typically, only 50% of members on executive teams identify the same organizational priorities;
- Less than 25% of those executive team members will identify the same owners for those priorities; and yet
- Almost 100% of executive teams believe they are well aligned on their priorities.
Most leadership teams assume they are working towards the same goals, and they’re quite surprised when they see—often for the first time—the reality clearly.
Focus, Alignment, and Accountability
The Vital Factors Team Assessment is for leadership teams who want to achieve breakthrough results for their organizations. It helps these leaders uncover critical miscommunication and hidden misalignments within the core team. It gives clear answers to the following questions:
- Is everyone focused on the same goals -- have people agreed what the team will and will not do?
- Is everyone aligned -- do they share a common way to measure success?
- Is everyone ready to be accountable for what they need to achieve?
Powerful Insights Delivered Quickly
We know your company’s leaders are busy. So, the process for the Vital Factors Team Assessment is quite simple.
First, we ask each member of your leadership team to complete a brief, interactive digital interview (takes about 15 to 20 minutes for them to answer).
We then analyze the responses and prepare a customized report for your organization.
Finally, we schedule a review session with one of MAP’s highly experienced Senior Consultants, where we discuss the insights and help you turn them into action. This meeting can be a one-on-one session with the CEO or a session with your senior leadership team.